Castello dei Rampolla
SANTA LUCIA IN FAULLE
The estate is located in the “Conca d`Oro” valley, the Golden Shell, south of Panzano in Chianti. It is named after the saint who – following Christian and Orthodox tradition – arrived here close to the winter solstice in order to bring light and life to earth.
The soil of the Estate, better known as Castello dei Rampolla is owned by the Family Napoli Rampolla since 1739. A lot of history has passed through, anyhow, our story begins in the 60ies and is signed by many milestones. Many others will come! The introduction of Cabernet Sauvignon in 1978 in an area which exclusively cultivated Sangiovese, a viticulture of high density in 1991 with 10.000 plants / hectar, as well as the complete conversion to sustainability in 1994, further the vinification without added sulphites in 2006.
Exactly as nature, we believe that also the human being has to be a force in continuous growing and fermentation. Therefore our research will never have an end.
Our annual production amounts to ca. 90.000 bottles, divided into Chianti Classico, IGT Rosso and Bianco.
SAMMARCO, D’ALCEO, LIU’, SANGIOVESE DI SANTA LUCIA without added sulphites,
TREBIANCO DI SANTA LUCIA without added sulphites.
Direct selling, tastings, visits with appointment